The SSI Level 1 Lifeguard Instructor program provides candidates with the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to teach, supervise, and issue certifications for Water Safety Attendant and Pool Lifeguard programs.
- The number of classes, hours and sessions per day are set by the Lifeguard Instructor Trainer, based on the candidate’s needs and ability.
- The instructor trainer must have sufficient training aids available and the ability to control and supervise all of the candidates at all times.
- Complete all Academic and Training Sessions as outlined in the instructor manual for the Lifeguard Instructor Training Course.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- Upon completion of all training requirements, a Lifeguard Instructor Trainer must issue the SSI Level 1 Lifeguard Instructor digital certification card.
- Candidates with an oxygen provider or AED instructor certification with a recognized training agency may submit an application for a React Right Instructor rating.