The SSI Extended Range Foundations program provides divers with a workshop environment to improve their skills to a high level using Extended Range Total Diving Systems and procedures.
An active status Extended Range Foundations Instructor may conduct the Extended Range Foundations program.
- Have an active status SSI Recreational Sidemount Specialty Instructor certification to teach using a Sidemount Total Diving System
- Have an active status SSI Extended Range Instructor or SSI Extended Range Foundations Instructor (Twinset) certification to teach using a Twinset Total Diving System
- Have an active status SSI CCR Diving Instructor certification and at least the diver-level certification in the applicable CCR unit to teach using a CCR Total Diving System
- Have an active status SSI SCR Diving Instructor certification and at least the diver-level certification in the applicable SCR unit to teach using a SCR Total Diving System
- The number of classes, hours and sessions are set by the individual instructor, based on student needs, student ability and water conditions.
Students participating in this program must use at least one of the following equipment configurations:
Note | The stage cylinder as outlined in the General Training Standards is not required for this program.
- Complete at least four (4) pool/confined water sessions, with a cumulative time of at least 240 minutes, that include all skills for the applicable certification level.