The SSI Night and Limited Visibility program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to safely and comfortably dive at night or in limited visibility conditions.
An active status Night and Limited Visibility Specialty Instructor may conduct the Night and Limited Visibility Specialty program.
Note: SSI Referral Divers may enroll in SSI Specialty programs and complete all academic and pool/confined water sessions. Open water training dives for all specialties cannot be combined with open water training dives for entry-level programs, and must be conducted after completion of all in-water training for the Open Water Diver program.
- No more than two (2) participants per instructor or certified assistant may be under the age of 12, and none of the remaining participants may be under the age of 15.
- During in-water skill evaluations, the students must remain under direct supervision of the SSI Professional so that physical contact can be made at any time.
- Complete all academic sessions and assessments outlined in the instructor manual for Night and Limited Visibility.
- Complete at least two (2) open water training dives as outlined in the instructor manual for Night and Limited Visibility.
- Upon completion of all academic and in-water requirements, the SSI Professional may issue the program’s digital certification card.
- Certified SSI divers can dive with an equally- or more-qualified buddy in environments equivalent to their training and within the recommended depth limits of their certifications.