The SSI Performance Freediving Instructor Upgrade program provides individuals with the knowledge and skills to conduct the Freediver, Advanced Freediver, and Performance Freediver programs in a safe and enjoyable manner.
An active status Freediving Instructor Trainer may conduct the Performance Freediving Instructor Upgrade program.
- The number of classes, hours and sessions per day are set by the individual instructor, based on student needs, student ability and environmental conditions.
- An active status Performance Freediving Instructor may directly supervise all performance requirements under the indirect supervision of the Freediving Instructor Trainer conducting the program.
- An active status Freediving Instructor Trainer must directly supervise all academic, pool/confined water, and open water training sessions.
- Read and complete Section 10, including reviews and assessments, of the Performance Freediving Instructor Training Course digital learning.
- Complete Academic Session 10 as outlined in the instructor manual for the Performance Freediving Instructor Training Course.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- Pass all requirements and evaluations for Practical Application Sessions 2 and 6–12 as outlined in the instructor manual for the Performance Instructor Training Course.
- Upon completion of the Instructor Upgrade, send the candidate’s Training Record with all required documents to the responsible SSI Service Center.
In addition to the programs taught by Advanced Freediving Instructors, active status Performance Freediving Instructors may teach, supervise and issue certifications for the following program: