This program provides candidates with the knowledge and training necessary to conduct SSI Adult swim programs.
- The number of classes, hours, and sessions per day are set by the Swim Teacher Instructor, based on the candidate’s needs and ability.
Note: If the candidate is already a Level 2 Swim Teacher, the recommended hours for completion are 6-8.
- An active status Swim Teacher Instructor must directly supervise and evaluate all academic and in-water sessions.
- An active status Adult Teacher Mentor may directly supervise candidates during the apprenticeship session.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- Complete all academic sections and assessments as outlined in the Adult Swim Teacher Instructor Manual.
Upon completion of all academic and in-water requirements, including a water fitness evaluation, final exam, and apprenticeship, a Swim Teacher Instructor may issue the Adult Swim Teacher digital certification card.
In addition to the programs taught by active status Level 2 Swim Teachers, active status Adult Swim Teachers may conduct the following programs: